ARTe was created by Allison DeDominick in 2011 to amplify the local art scene. Allison specializes in organizing and curating art exhibits for businesses and events and also works as a consultant for emerging artists.
Allison was exposed to the arts at a young age through ballet, musical and vocal performance and studio art.
At Alfred University, she designed her own degree program called “Art History, Culture and Art Theory”. This interdisciplinary program was designed to connect the arts with other disciplines —- and was the basis of the idea of ARTe.
In 2007 completed her BA in Florence, Italy while attending Richmond University (London, England) and La Scoula de Lorenzo de’ Medici. During her studies in Florence she organized student art exhibits and visited numerous gallery openings with esteemed art historians. After returning to the states she worked for Cornell University and in 2010 she completed an MS focusing on art history and art in the community from Elmira College. A year later ARTe was established. Since then Allison has created “ARTe Galleries” within many local businesses and has curated over 100 exhibits showcasing the works of Finger Lakes artists.
Allison also works as an adjunct professor of art history at SUNY Cortland. She teaches Art in the Ancient World, Northern Renaissance Art, Ancient Greece & Rome, the Arts of High Renaissance, Mannerist and Baroque Italy and a survey course on Africa, Pre-Columbia and Oceania. She also teaches combination of studio and art history courses at CSMA in Ithaca.
Allison is on the board of the ARTs Council of the Southern Finger Lakes and she has recently become a member of the Arts Adviory Board for WSKG (PBS).
- Masked: artworked by Ben Ortiz
- Duty-Dance With Death: an article on the photo-book Burden of Wings by Mauro Marinelli
- Moody Pastoral: Drix’s Drawings Showcased at Damiani
- Twin Tiers Sunday with Host Jennifer Sheahen: ARTe
- Review of Anesti Zakos exhibit, article by Arthur Whitman
- Premiere Ithaca
- Article about ARTe by Alexandra Leslie
- Interview with Alexandraleslie
- Review of Helen Closs exhibit, article by Arthur Whitman
- Plein Air Fest
- 2013 ARTe Markets in Rochester D&C
- Alfred U Study Abroad Interview
- What’s Hot CNY Articles
- Elmira College, MS Corporate and Community Education (Adult Edu.), 2010
- Alfred University, BA Art History, Culture and Art Theory, 2007
- La Scoula de Lorenzo de Medici, Florence, Italy, Art History, Curation and Italian, 2007
- Richmond University of London in Florence, Italy, concentration on Leonardo da Vinci and Giacomo Puccini, 2006
- Corning Community College, AS General Studies, Art, 2005
- Watkins Glen High School, 2004
- WSKG ARTS Advisory Board Member, 2015-present
- 2015-present board member for the ARTs Council of the Southern Finger Lakes
- “Interpretations of Water”, guest curator at the Atrium Gallery at Corning Community College, March 2015
- Plein Air Festival 2012-present in collaboration with Damiani Wine Cellars, Sheldrake Vineyards, Atwater Estate Vineyards, Red Newt Wine Cellars, Lamoreaux Landing, Chateau Lafayette Reneau, Two Goat Brewing & Leidenfrost
- 2015 & 2016 Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance Art Barn, manager/curator of exhibit
- 2015 Art Installation Manager for the Curry Road Artist Quarry Annual Event in collaborations with Renovus Energy
- Big Mean BBQ; lighting, 2016
- Riedel Experience Art Exhibit 2011, 2012, 2013 in collaboration with Watkins International, FLX Wine Fest and FLX Wine Alliance
- Prof. of art history at SUNY Cortland, 2014-present
- Instructor of painting and drawing, CSMA 2014-present, ages 5-10
- Art agent, The Mauro Marinelli Project: Burden of Wings, 2014-present
- Art History & Studio Workshops for ages 6-10, Spring 2014-present
- 2016 Franklin Street Gallery judge, Watkins Glen, NY
- 2015 Keuka Art Festival Judge
- Arts writer, What’s Hot CNY, 2012-2014
- 2013 ARTe Markets at Sheldrake & Bellwether
- Art in the Alley 2013 in collaboration with Team607
- Bank of Groton & Cortland Co. Art Competition, Judge, 2013
- Alfred University Alumni Guest Speaker & Student Mentor
- Guest Lecturer for Art History, Drawing I & II, & Photoshop at Corning Community College
- Art exhibit manager La Scoula Lorenzo de Medici, Florence, Italy; International Student Show
- Art History & Art Exhibiting workshops 2013-2014
- Art consultant with select interior designers, NYC, Rochester & Ithaca, NY, 2011-2013
- Graphic Design for select exhibits and events
- Madeline’s Restaurant
- GrassRoots Festival of Music & Dance
- Lot 10
- Chemung Canal Trust Company
- Damiani Wine Cellars
- Waffle Frolic
- BellaCapelli Salon & Day Spa
- Wagner Brew Co.
- The Vape Flavourium
- Heavily Brewing Co.
- Cellars (website coming soon…)
- Zaza’s Cucina
- Carmen Road Artist Quarters
- Mauro Marinelli Photography
- Big Mean Sound Machine
- BIG MEAN BBQ and Levitate Artists